Last week I made a delicious, tasteful and easy-to-make Butternut Soup. Yes, pumpkin season is back in town and I am ready for it! Although I am not ready for cold, wet and dark days, a delicious cup of soup makes it a lot better.
So last week I went to buy a butternut, but had no idea what to do with it. I have never made a pumpkin soup our of butternut and decided to look up an easy recipe. Unfortunately I couldn’t find something that satisfied my wishes and that is why I decided to add some ingredients together and wait for the result. I surprised myself, because the taste was exactly how I wanted it to be: soft and tasteful.
Recipe: Butternut soup
- 3/4th butternut
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 vegetable stocks (to flavor)
- 1l. water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- pepper and salt
- First clean the vegetables:
– Peel the tomato, onion, carrot and butternut
– Remove the seeds from the butternut with a spoon
- Cut the veggies into pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cooking pot.
- Add the onion and fry until glassy.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot and tomato and stir well.
- Fill the pot with water and add the vegetable stocks.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the butternut soup is ready, poor into a blender.
- Mix until smooth.
- Poor the soup into the cooking pot and add some salt and pepper (to flavor).
- Serve in a bowl and add some bread crumbs or light cream.
- Enjoy your homemade Butternut Soup!