Last week I made Spirelli with chicken and tomato sauce with left overs from my fridge. I wanted to cook something tasty, but also budget friendly. In my hunt for easy recipes, I came across something that seemed quick to make and decided to try it out. Of course I changed the original recipe with what I had at home and the result was very satisfying.
Recipe: Spirelli with chicken and tomato sauce
Ingredients (2 pers.) :
- Chicken filets or breasts
- 250 – 300g. Spirelli
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 can of peas
- Light cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Pepper and salt or chicken spices
- Cook the spirelli’s in a big cooking pot.
- Preheat a pan and melt some butter or heat some oil.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt or chicken spices.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and put aside on a plate (but keep the chicken warm)
** do not rinse the pan, because we need it for afterwards.
- Heat the peas for a few minutes in a small cooking pot filled with water.
- Pour the spirelli’s and peas into a colander and poor them together into the big pot.
- Lower the fire plate and add the tomato paste and some light cream (to flavor) to the frying pan.
- Stir until you have a (light) tomato cream sauce. Season with pepper and salt.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add to the sauce.
- Next add the spirelli’s and peas and mix everything together with a cooking spoon.
- Serve the Spirelli with chicken and tomato sauce on a plate and add some Parmesan cheese to top it off.
- Enjoy your budget friendly and tasty meal!