Yesterday I baked some heavenly sand cookies with salted caramel, and let me tell you… They taste sooo good! Those who know me know that I have a weakness for salted caramel. So when I bumped onto this easy and tasty recipe, I couldn’t wait any longer to start with baking. And believe me when I say: the result was more than I could imagine. Yummy in tha tummy!
And what in case you are not a big fan of caramel? No worries, because you can easily bake some sand cookies without adding caramel or sea salt. Just follow along with the steps of the recipe, but ‘ignore‘ steps 8 and 9.
Are you ready to bake? Here we go!
Recipe: Sand Cookies with Salted Caramel
150 g butter at room temperature
100 g sugar
250 g baking flower
pinch of salt
salted caramel spread (I used a low carb/ keto spread from Incacao)
sea salt flakes
How to make sand cookies with salted caramel:
- Preheat an oven to 175°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and butter together with your hands until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll little balls of the cookie dough and flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and make sure to leave enough space in between two cookies.
- Bake the sand cookies until golden brown for 15 to 20 minutes (make sure to check regularly!).
- Arrange the cookies on a cookie rack and let cool.
- Once cooled, spread a layer of caramel over the cookies.
- Finish by adding a few sea salt flakes on top of the sand cookies with salted caramel.
- Serve with a damping cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!
Need more cookie recipes? Make sure to take a look on this page.
— Source: cookingdom.nl