Chocolate-banana cookies are a perfect guilty pleasure to bake when you have ripe bananas and don’t know what to do with them. They are a perfect, yummy balance between healthy and unhealthy. Who doesn’t love that? And on top of that, banana and chocolate are a match made in foodheaven!
So tell me, are you ready to drool? I know I am.
Recipe: Chocolate-banana cookies
Ingredients (for ± 22 cookies)
- 100 g. butter (at room temperature)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 g. sugar
- 250 g. self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 egg
- a handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 160 – 165°C.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add the flour and sugar and mix until you have a more fluid mixture.
- Now add the cacao powder (little by little) and stir.
- From here add the softened butter and stir again.
- Add the egg and chocolate chips and mix the wet cookie dough with your hands (or use a handmixer).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll little balls out of the dough and place them on the baking tray. Make sure to leave some space in between two cookies.
- Flatten the dough balls with the back of a spoon, or with a flat hand.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on your cookies during the baking process.
- Once ready, allow your chocolate-banana cookies to cool off.
- Serve with a yummy cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa.
The cookies are harder on the outside and soft/ chewy on the inside.