Sugar cookies that only require 30 minutes to prepare? That can’t be possible?! Oh, yes, believe me when I say: “It’s possible…”! I bumped onto this easy and budget friendly recipe when searching for a fast cookie recipe. I am really not a fan of recipes that take up too much time to prepare and think most of you are agreeing with me.
Enough with the chit chat. Are you ready to bake some sugar cookies? Here we go!
Recipe: Sugar cookies (12 pcs.)
- 150 g. self-raising flour
- 100 g. butter (at room temperature)
- 65 g. sugar
- 8 g. vanilla sugar
- 5 g. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of non-sticking baking paper.
- Sift the flower together with the baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and salt and mix with the flour-mixture.
- Now add small pieces of butter and knead everything together (use your hands) until you become a solid, kinda sticky dough.
- Roll little balls of dough and arrange in a row of 3-4 on a baking tray.
- Make them flat by using the back of a tablespoon, or the palm of your hand.
- You can carve a design in the dough with a fork.
- Bake the sugar cookies for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack to let them become harder (and crunchy).
- Serve a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!