Vanilla Cookies with chocolate chips are such a treat for sweettooths like myself. I made these over a week ago and they were gone in no time. Both Mr. Boyfriend and I were enjoying this tasty, sweet and crunchy treat. And they taste even better when served with a cup of homemade chocolate milk!
To be honest I have been looking for an easy and quick vanille cookie recipe for quite some time now. Most recipes make you place the cookie dough into a fridge for 15 to 30 minutes (or longer 😩!) and I honestly don’t have the patience for that. If I bake cookies, I don’t want to wait before I can eat them. You know what I mean?
Fortunately I bumped onto this easy and quick recipe and let me tell you.. ME LIKEY! No more waiting game. You prepare the dough, roll doughy balls, bake the cookies and eat them. Easy peasy, right?
Okay, enough with the chit chat. It is time to bake!
Recipe: Vanilla Cookies with chocolate chips
- 75 g. butter (at room temperature)
- 125 g. self-raising flour
- ½ egg (at room temperature and beaten with a fork)
- 75 g. white sugar
- 10 g. of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the butter, white sugar, egg, vanilla sugar, chocolate chips en salt into a mixing bowl. Knead with your hands.
- Now add the flour and baking soda and knead into a firm ball of dough.
- Roll little balls of dough and place onto the baking tray. Make sure to leave some space between to cookies.
- Flatten them with the palm of your hand or the back of a tablespoon.
- Bake the vanilla cookies with chocolate chips golden brown for 15-20 minutes (the time depends on your oven).
- Allow your cookies to cool off and harden on a cooling rack.
- Serve during your coffee- or tea break and enjoy!
Looking for more cookie recipes? Make sure to check out the ‘Guilty Pleasure Page’! 😍