How to stay fit during Lockdown? Most of us are sitting at home for the next weeks. The arrival of the Corona virus has a huge impact on our daily lives. The world is in chaos and most of us are temporary unemployed. Others are working from home, and then we have the heroes who’re working hard to provide us with our basic needs.
So, what do you do all day long? Especially when you’re used to going to the gym or sports center, but it had to close until at least April 5th..
Well, there are many ways to stay fit during Lockdown!
Today I would like to share some ideas with you. If you have some ideas or tips, feel free to share them in the comment section below ☺️.
1) Transform your living room, garage, room,.. into a mini-gym.
- Do you already have a gym at home? Good! Now you only have to use it! Try out some new exercises or set new goals for yourself.
- You can use dumbells, but water bottles work as well!
- Roll out a mat, put on your sports outfit and follow workout videos on YouTube. Here are three nice fitness account I discovered over the past 7 years.
- Blogilates – Pilates, but different. And it buuurns like crazy, which I love. (One of the main reasons I became a POP Pilates Instructor.)
- The Fitness Marshall – a fun dance workout that will make you feel sexy and sweaty at the same time.
- BohoBeautiful – You can find fun Yoga- and Pilates workouts. It might look all graceful and calming, but trust me: your muscles will be shaking!!
- Use a fitness app to guide you with workout videos. There are 7-minute apps, but you also have many other options.
2) Go for a walk, run or ride a bike
Spring season is back and I love it! Time to go outside (whilst respecting the rules) for a nice walk. Or go for a run and enjoy the smell of fresh air.
If you have a bike, use it and enjoy the ride! Nature is blooming and it is really beautiful. Let’s enjoy it while we can.
- Have you always wanted to try Yoga? Now is the time! You can find many Yoga videos on YouTube for every level (including beginner videos). Or follow along with my Yogaflows on my Channel ‘Zen With Debby‘.
- You can also download a Yoga app in the App Store. Here you can find some other Yoga apps.
- And maybe you can join your first Yoga Challenge on Instagram. It is also nice way to connect with other yogis from across the world.
— My favorite intermediate to advanced yoga poses
4) Work out together
- If you have a yard, go play soccer or any other outside game with your kids.
- Play with your beloved pets. They will love the extra attention, and maybe lose some weight (wink wink to my kitty).
- Work out with your kids and/ or partner and keep each other motivated.
5) FaceTime with your friends
A good way to stay motivated and still be able do your weekly workouts with a friend? Make an appointment for a FaceTime, Zoom or Skype session and work-out together. It might not be the same as in real life, but it will definitely be fun!
6) Join an Online Zoom Class.
Instructors are now offering online classes through Zoom (free to download) to stay fit together with their students. I am also hosting Yoga- and POP Pilates classes, so feel free to sign up here.
Make sure to stay safe, my beloved readers. Take care of your families, stay in touch with your beloved ones, and don’t forget to share a smile with a stranger! We must stick together and try to stay healthy.